Saturday, July 30, 2011
Wednesday, July 20, 2011
Thursday, July 14, 2011
Here's another project that kept me busy for the shower. I wrapped Hershey miniatures in strips of coordinating scrapbook paper and secured them with a piece of Scotch tape.
- Never Say Baby- Everyone got a clothespin to wear. If someone said "baby", they got to take your pin away. At the end of the shower the person with the most pins won. My sister played mute and won that game. She had about 7 pins toward the end of the shower.
- Guess the Baby Food- Attendants were able to smell and look at baby food jars and pass them around the room, trying to guess the mystery ingredient. Only one person guessed all 5 jars correctly. My grandpa said the chicken jar smelled like "burnt tires". ha!
- Baby Songs- Guests had to list as many songs as they could within 5 minutes that contained the name "baby" in title.
- Baby Word Scramble- There were 24 common baby words that were scrambled up and the the guests had 5 minutes to unscramble them. Some of the words were "poopy diapers" and "bassinet" but were spelled "oyopp sperdia" and "nestasib".
- How Many?- We passed a glass baby bottle filled with colorful jelly beans. People had to guess how many jelly beans were in the bottle. The person closest without going over won a prize.
Mr. H, baby and I posing next to some gorgeous orange roses my friend brought by. At this point I was 29 weeks, 3 days.
Friday, July 1, 2011
On Wednesday, I celebrated a birthday and "Mister" turned 28 weeks! My belly looks huge in this picture, but that only means he's growing. According to his measurements, he's in the 55th percentile for growth and weighs about 2 lbs. 11 oz.
I also had my glucose test done this week and the doctor just called to tell me that I failed it. I'm not sure how they come up with their numbers but she said I scored a 137 and my doctor's cut off number is 134. So now I have to do the 3-hour glucose test on Wednesday. I was told to bring something to do because "there's no sleeping" in the waiting room and I have to stay there the entire time. Anyone want to play "Words With Friends" with me to keep me entertained for 3 hours? Anyone? I have a feeling this experience is going to be like the 13-week scan. A big scare and fuss, then it will turn out to be fine. I'm hoping anyway.
For my birthday, I went to the doctor for a couple hours, saw my beautiful baby boy, then we went to lunch where it turned out to be free! Then went to Anthropologie for window shopping. I've never been in there before but I left wanting one of everything. Then I went to Macy's to use a birthday coupon, that I couldn't use because my purchase didn't qualify but I bought myself a dress. Y'all I haven't worn a dress since I got married in 2005! Crazy right? I have a couple options, but I might wear that to my baby shower next Saturday. Holy crap, that's only 8 days away!
Later on for dinner, we went to Cheesecake Factory with my in-laws, Mr. H and my siblings. My mom couldn't make it because she was sick but we had a good time. They seriously have the best orange chicken ever. And the pina colada cheesecake wasn't too bad either. By bedtime, I was exhausted. Mr. H came to my side of the bed for "snuggies" wrapped his arm around my belly and felt baby kick for the first time. He only kicked once then we all fell asleep. It was the perfect end to a perfect day.