"IT'S NOT THE LENGTH OF THE GESTATION, IT'S THE EXTENT OF THE ATTACHMENT."


Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Jack's Second

I spent Friday afternoon making these fabulous vanilla bean rainbow cupcakes for Jack's 2nd birthday. They were perfect and I'm sure he would have loved them.


I took these little goodies out to him at the cemetery- a race car birthday candle and a set of Jacks for my Jack.



It was sunny and cold- about 55 degrees but it was really windy to it felt much cooler! Mr. H played "Happy Birthday" for Jack while we watched and listened. It was a beautiful afternoon.



Afterwards we went to lunch then went back home to eat cupcakes and release balloons.



A few messages of love for my little Love.


Mr. h taped mini cupcakes to the balloons but they fell straight to the ground. So we took them off, smeared frosting on the balloons and let them go. They disappeared almost instantly.


We then fed the mini cupcakes to the dogs. They loved them.


We love you Jack. Happy Birthday.
* * *
Click here to wish Mr. H a Happy Birthday!

12 comments:

Rachel said...

I love the balloons.

my3sons said...

What a beautiful way to celebrate Jacks Birthday. Great pictures to remember the day. Your baking always looks so good! Oh, and 50 degrees isn't cold:) It was 5 below here this morning:(
Happy Bday to Mr H too!

Kristi said...

It looks like you had a peaceful day, remembering Jack.

Those cupcakes look amazing! I haven't checked out your food blog for a while, I don't have time to bake much. I hope you post that recipe though!

Melissa said...

You always do such an amazing job honoring your babies. I admire you and lovingly creative spirit.
xoxo

Fat People Eat Healthy Too! said...

This post brought a little tear to my eye...I am trying to imagine how we will celebrate Ethan's 1st Birthday on June 14th...so bittersweet...

Shauna said...

awesome post......love the balloons.

mrsmuelly said...

I love that you smeared icing on the balloons. I'm sure that Jack enjoyed that sugar high :-)
The cupcakes look great...You want to come make cupcakes for Brayden's birthday next week??? Thanks so much for sharing.

BasilBean said...

Such a beautiful expression of your love. Thank you for sharing it with us. It is so touching to see your family sharing in it with you and Mr. H, too. Oh, and the cupcakes look AMAZING...yummy as well as beautiful, I am sure.

Missing_one said...

this is beautiful. *hugs*

Jaded Girl said...

M,

How I wish I could have been present for Jack's celebration. God, you love your children!

And, I am in awe of your family and their support and love of your boys. Let's just put it this way - when I show any emotion for my girls my husband's family gets uncomfortable and feels it's time that i get it over it. i could only imagine how they would react if i wanted to have a celebration - they would have me committed. You have been blessed with a wonderful support group. I hope you know that you are fortunate, at least in this respect!

Thinking of you all always.

Hennifer said...

Wow! It looks like a fabulous gift for your little Jack. I adore the little gifts you took out to him.
I'm I always find it so moving that your hubby plays for him.

Thinking of you as I know it isn't the party you or your family would prefer to be throwing.

Oh, and those cupcakes... I'm honest to god, head over heels in love!

Anonymous said...

Sorry I'm late in wishing you well on Jack's second birthday. Somedays it seems like just yesterday, others it feels like an eternity. I hope you and Sam were blessed with peaceful hearts on Jack's day. I know it is hard. Love and prayers to you always!