"IT'S NOT THE LENGTH OF THE GESTATION, IT'S THE EXTENT OF THE ATTACHMENT."


Friday, August 17, 2007

It was a Happy Birthday

It was beautiful. Friends and family were there to offer love and support. Blue and green balloons decorated the sky and we ate yummy cupcakes that said Happy 1st Birthday on them. I put up a birthday banner in the trees and brought them flowers and it couldn't have been more perfect. I know as we sang to Sam up in the clouds, he was nearby listening. I hope those messaged balloons make it up to him and little brother, Jack. I hope you had a Happy Birthday, my sweet boy! Thank you to all the friends and family who attended and to those who brought gifts in memory of Baby Sam.

4 comments:

Mrs. Collins said...

Baby Sam, we totally enjoyed your party! Your folks really did it up nice. If we had been thinking though, we would have smeared some frosting on the balloons for you and Jack. We will do that next year.

How are you doing Monica?

Monica H said...

I was feeling very anxious about Sam's birthday and I wasn't sure how my demeanor would be, but I feel good. I'm glad we were able to celebrate him in such a special way. Thank you for coming!

Monica

Anonymous said...

Thank you for inviting us to share in your special day. It was a beautiful evening & very touching.

Anonymous said...

Moncia this has me in tears. Oh my God. what a beautiful happy birthday. i can't even beleive you are asking the blogosphere about what to do, with all this creativity. the photo of your husband playing the instrument and of the baloons with the messages kills me. when i see other men grieving i think of my dh and it's instant tears.