"IT'S NOT THE LENGTH OF THE GESTATION, IT'S THE EXTENT OF THE ATTACHMENT."


Friday, April 25, 2008

Busy Bee

I was tagged by Beth at Kindred Hart Photography a couple days ago. There are no exact rules for this meme, but I'm supposed to list 10 things that have been keeping me busy.

  1. I have been reading Eat, Pray, Love and I am really enjoying it. I highly recommend getting one for yourself and for a friend. I got mine from C.ostco for $9 as opposed to paying full price at the book store. Go get it and read it!
  2. I'm still taking care of LD 3-4 times a week. He's a good kid, but he's been a little shit lately. If he doesn't get his way, he attempts to bite- a habit I'm trying to break. And he takes huge drinks of water, but instead of drinking, he opens his mouth and it spills all over his clothes. His mom just changes him when his clothes get soaked. I take away his water.
  3. I'm trying to find paint colors for both my bathrooms. All the rooms in our house are "summertime white" I think it was the default color for all the houses in this town. I don't mind white walls because we have colorful furniture and rugs, but the bathrooms could use some color. I want to find a coordinating color for our master bath that looks good with our bedding- a grayed blue green. And a nice cafe au lait/tan/sandy color for our palm tree bathroom. It's been harder than I thought.
  4. Of course I've been blogging. It is so time consuming to read, write and comment on almost 40 blogs. If I don't leave comments, it's because I'm overwhelmed by the amount of blogs to read.
  5. It's a lot of work to keep my husband fed. He's not picky about what he eats, but to cook and bake for him (almost daily) without getting bored with the same ol' thing takes time and thought and planning.
  6. We have a nice home (in my opinion). It's not small, or too big and we are comfortable in it. But our landscaping was a mess! I say "was" because we just had it redone and it looks fabulous. The people who lived here in this house before we moved in 2 and a half years ago planted a whole boatload of stuff. The man of the house, was in charge of landscaping at a huge company in town. So he would have his crew men come to his/our house and plant stuff in the flower beds. There wasn't really any structure, though. He just put stuff in the ground wherever there was empty space. Sounds like a pretty sweet thing, really, but those plants grew and grew and grew-into each other, turning into an overgrown mess. I attempted to "garden" but I don't have a green thumb whatsoever. So we had a landscaping company come out last week to weed, prune and transplant, remove what we didn't want and mulch. I finally feel the the outside matches the inside- pretty.
  7. We (when I say "we", I really am only talking about myself) are planning a vacation in June. LD and his mom are going to V.enezuela for 3+ weeks, so I will have time for myself. I have been looking for vacation homes, and things to do in Colorado. If anyone has any suggestions, I'm all ears :-)
  8. Obsessing over my skin and keeping it clean. My face still hasn't cleared. Well it did, but it came back. I have gone to the doctor twice (two different doctors) and called once. I have tried 2 creams and an antibiotic. It is definitely better than it was, but it's still yucky. My face was looking really great and clear, but last Saturday we went to the farmer's market and next door they had an Earth day fest. I got some sun and that aggravated things again even though I had sunscreen on. Damn sun.
  9. I take pictures almost daily. Whether it's a new growth in the garden, something I made in the kitchen, a recent trip or of the pets doing silly things, I keep my camera close by. I like discovering new angles of everyday things. It's fun and I like sharing with you guys.
  10. And of course, I spend a great deal of my time thinking about my boys. I miss them and I dream of them. I hope for them and myself. I grieve them. I wish and hope and dream of a day when I will be okay. When I won't be so sad. When I won't be reminded of what I have lost. And that in itself takes up about 90% of my time.

I tag Monica, Mrs. Muelly, Rachel, Kristi and Becky! I want to know what keeps you ladies busy other than the obvious :-)