"IT'S NOT THE LENGTH OF THE GESTATION, IT'S THE EXTENT OF THE ATTACHMENT."


Tuesday, April 14, 2009

An Innocent Comment

Over the weekend on my other blog, someone left a comment that has been bugging me. I tried to let it go and I just haven't been able to.

The comment was seemingly innocent and was not left to cause harm, it was simply an observation, though I don't know how they came to that conclusion.

"Looks like you've got it all this weekend."

I wanted to send them an email or a comment contradicting them but I didn't think that was fair to them. If they only knew.

7 comments:

my3sons said...

I'm so sorry; that must have really hurt. It is so hard because people that are new to your story don't know what you've been through. Especially if they are only reading your yummy recipe blog. I can see how that bothered you and also agree that they meant no harm. Katie

niobe said...

Sometimes it's the innocent (or seemingly innocent) comments that hurt the most.

Becky said...

I'm sorry. That would hurt me, too. Like niobe said, it's the innocent that hurt the most.

mrsmuelly said...

It's odd to "hear" what other people see from the outside. Apparently, there are many of us that can hide the pain and anguish quite well. I'm not sure if that is something to be proud of...or to mourn. I'm sorry. I know (in my own way, as each of us is different) how very hard it is.

Virginia said...

I'm sorry, sweetie. And I understand it, too.

jaded said...

...sometimes looks can be deceiving...

but they just don't know...

Rachel said...

The innocent ones seem to be the worst because you don't know whether to tell them or not.