"IT'S NOT THE LENGTH OF THE GESTATION, IT'S THE EXTENT OF THE ATTACHMENT."


Monday, March 30, 2009

Time


Mr. H's maternal grandmother passed away yesterday, rather quickly and unexpectedly.

She had difficulty catching her breath on Tuesday and we thought that was a direct result of not doing her nebulizer 5 times daily and not getting any exercise. It could have been those things and maybe not. The EMS was called to check her vital and was declared, in good health.

The following day (Wednesday) they admitted her to the hospital for a follow-up because she still could get a deep breath. She was later diagnosed with a p.ulmonary e.mbolism, which is a blood clot in her lungs. I don't know if she knew she was going to die, or if she could even comprehend what was going on. She was on oxygen, M.orphine and A.tivan.

My MIL called me yesterday (Sunday) to tell me she didn't have much longer because the clot had moved and 15 minutes later she passed. It just happened so unexpectedly and we're still kind of shock.

Since the funeral home is backed up with customers (crazy!) my MIL can't meet with the director until tomorrow. The funeral will be sometime this week, but no earlier than Thursday. We'll be travelling 4 hours to get there. I should know more tomorrow afternoon, hopefully.

Though, I wasn't close to her, please keep Mr. H and his family in your thoughts.

She was with us for 88 years and will be missed.

25 comments:

Virginia said...

Thinking of all of you.

Anonymous said...

You are in my prayers, as are your family. Love to you and Mr H.

my3sons said...

I'm so sorry to hear that Mr. H lost his grandmother. It is never easy no matter how old they are. Grandparents are very special and we always remember the great memories with them. I hope the family can get through the shock with the wonderful memories that they each have of her. Thinking of you!

Rachel said...

I am sorry for your loss. I hope you are able to comfort Mr. H during this time.

Amanda said...

((((HUGS)))) to you and Mr H. Sorry for your loss. Take care...

Antigone said...

I never have the right words but my thoughts are with you and your husband.

bir said...

Hi Monica,
Sorry to hear about Mr H's grandmother. Any passing is sad. Thinking of him, you and the family.

I just wanted to say hi. I don't think I've read your blog before. We're also ttc after the loss of our son in September.
Sometimes I think I will go insane before it happens.

xxx

MrsSpock said...

Popped over from Antigone's. So sorry.

Anonymous said...

sending lots of prayers your way...take care

Kristin said...

Keeping all of you in my prayers. I'm so sorry for the loss of Mr. H's grandmother.

Beautiful Mess said...

Here from your good friend; Antigone.

I'm so sorry for your family's loss. Please know all of you are in my thoughts and prayers.

AnotherDreamer said...

Here from Antigone's.

I am so sorry for your loss.
I am thinking of you and your family.

Coggy said...

So sorry Monica. My love to you and Mr H.
xxoo

Dagny said...

I'm so very sorry for your loss. :(

xoxox

niobe said...

Thinking of you and your family.

Kristi said...

Mon, I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. Let me know if I can do anything for you.

((Hugs))

Verna said...

Sorry to hear of your loss. I know it stinks when there is no time for goodbyes.
You are in our prayers.!

Verna said...

Sorry to hear of your loss. I know it stinks when there is no time for goodbyes.
You are in our prayers.!

Anonymous said...

oh I'm so sorry you guys... I'm thinking of you!

Shauna said...

i'm sorry.......

Reese said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Reese said...

Monica,

I am so sorry to hear this. I will keep your family in my prayers and thoughts....

XOXO--Reese

Sophie said...

I am so sorry for your loss :(, and an unexpected one too... I've always felt those are the toughest to deal with. Your family will be in my thoughts and prayers.

I do hope you have fun meeting your buddy, though :).

jaded said...

i am so sorry to read this...

mrsmuelly said...

Oh M, I'm so very sorry. Please give my regards to Mr. H as well.