"IT'S NOT THE LENGTH OF THE GESTATION, IT'S THE EXTENT OF THE ATTACHMENT."


Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Something Kreativ

Marie from My Expected End tagged me a few weeks back for the Kreativ Blogger Award! And I'm just now getting around to it. I didn't forget about you Marie and I thank you for choosing me for this blog award. I'll be sure to pass it on to other deserving bloggers.


Here are the rules.

1. When given the award, you write about seven things that you love.

2. Pass the award to bloggers that you love, and be sure to tag them and let them know they've won.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

1. I love my husband. He's my support system and my cheerleader. He believes in me and provides me with unending love and respect. I try and do my best and reciprocate. As corny as it may sound, I think we were made for eachother.

2. My babes. That's an obvious one. I think they've shaped me into me, or the new me anyway. They've taught me how to love bigger and deeper and with all my heart.

3. On to less sappy things, I love to bake. If you can't tell already, then visit my baking blog. You're sure to gain a few calories just by looking, but it'll be worth it, I promise.

4. I also love photography. I am by no means a photographer, but I enjoy taking pictures and discovering new things through my camera lens. I may be getting a new camera soon, so any suggestions would be helpful!

5. Crafting and creating new and different things. I make handmade cards, and half-ass knit, I do flower arrangements and wreaths, I like painting too.

6. Collections- I have a few collections of stuff I love or really like, such as penguins, elephants, mixing bowls, cake stands and cook books. Speaking of collections, I also have a baggie full of wishbones. odd, I know.

7. My computer- I'm completely addicted!

And since this is about being Kreativ, I thought I'd show you a project I made for Mother's Day.



First, I covered jewelery boxes with scrapbook paper and tied ribbon around the top part of the box and attached pearl beaded letters on them. The paper is from Martha Stewart and the beaded letters are from Michaels. One for my mom and the other for my MIL.




Inside the boxes were cards with a branch pattern on them. Also from Martha Stewart, but you can draw a branch on card stock or cut out paper like I did on the small box (pictured above) to make the tree. The flowers are scrapbook flowers generally affixed with brads, but these are held together by crystal earring that I found at World Market.



And a close up.

It's a cute way to give earrings and makes them extra special.

I am passing this award onto Kristi for her crafting, Lori for her photography, Seraphim for her kindness and generosity, Virginia for her poetry and Rachel for her cake baking.

Congrats ladies!

5 comments:

mrsmuelly said...

The cards and boxes are totally beautiful!
Oh, and I'm impressed with your photography skills!!!

Anonymous said...

Thank you Monica! And you are seriously clever! xx

Cindi said...

What a sweet blog...you are extremely creative too! The things you made are just beautiful!

Rachel said...

Thanks for the award! It was very sweet of you.

Sophie said...

Gorgeous cards and sweet mother's day stuff, we would have so much fun crafting together!! Gosh, I'm behind on reading your posts. =0)