"IT'S NOT THE LENGTH OF THE GESTATION, IT'S THE EXTENT OF THE ATTACHMENT."


Monday, March 10, 2008

Awkward Is...

...Having a new cleaning lady come to clean your house while you're still asleep.
...Eating breakfast and reading the paper while she's scrubbing your filthy toilet.
...And walking by a piece of furniture and thinking ''there's no way she dusted that''.
...Reading your email and fooling around on the computer while she's on her hands and knees cleaning the tile floor in the room right door.

I keep adding to this list because it keeps getting increasingly more awkward by the moment. I'm feeling a little worthless this morning.

4 comments:

Rachel said...

Offer he a cup of coffee or one of those delicious treats you are always talking about making.

She is doing her job, but let her know she is appreciated. Then quit worrying about it.

PS, can you send her to my house?

meg said...

I was thinking the same thing!!! Can she come to my house, next?

Don't feel bad. She is doing her job. And it's helping you, to do your job (even if you're not doing your job at the exact minute she is there).

Monica H said...

NO! You don't want her, I promise.

I'll elaborate more in a new post.

Antigone said...

You get used to it. I telecommute so I'm always here when our house is cleaned. I felt very awkward during the initial visits, as if I should start cleaning too and that I must look lazy.

BTW, read your later post and she sounds like she decided she wasn't interested in the job before she even started. Hope you can find someone better in the future.