"IT'S NOT THE LENGTH OF THE GESTATION, IT'S THE EXTENT OF THE ATTACHMENT."


Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Autumn Turns 3 and Bunny Acts Up

Saturday was my little girls birthday. I call her my little girl, but she is my dog. She is so sweet and if you have dogs, you know they are like second children, only in this case she came first. I love her and spoil her rotten (but she is disciplined) so on her birthday (September 15) I made her doggie biscuits. I made them out of oatmeal, cornmeal, cheese (her favorite) and crumbled bacon. I cut them into bone shapes as well as pumpkins, acorns and fall leaves. Her name is Autumn so it was appropriate. The pictures below are of her acknowledging the cookie I had in my hand, jumping up for it, and eating it. She loved them!

Bunny had to be the center of attention on Autumn's Day (of course). I guess that's what siblings do. Now I have something to look forward to. I woke up Saturday morning to find Bunny's cage a mess. He moved his litter box to the other side of the cage, knocked out half of his litter, and spilled his water all of his cage and the floor. His new trick is to peer over the edge when I open the lid of his cage. He stretches completely out and leans forward. He's going to give me a heart attack. I shoo him back into the cage and he goes right back to the edge. Little daredevil. Here are some pictures I took of him Saturday as I cleaned his cage. He immediately went to the corner to hide behind the box. He kept threatening to jump, so I put his box over him and sentenced him to bunny jail. Do you think he learned his lesson?

3 comments:

Becky said...

Happy Birthday Autumn! It looks like you enjoyed your biscuits!

I bet you would just love to play with my Lilo!

Lori said...

The picture of bunny in the box is the cutest thing!!!! So sweet, yet so sad.

I need to get that recipe from you. Sounds like something right up Penny's alley!

Kristi said...

I don't think you received my previous comments.
I asked about the recipe for the doggies treats - but I think I'd much rather have a good people cookie recipe - we don't even have a dog, the treats would be for other people's dogs.

Bad Bunny!