"IT'S NOT THE LENGTH OF THE GESTATION, IT'S THE EXTENT OF THE ATTACHMENT."


Monday, June 16, 2008

Day 8, 9 and 10

Day 8- Friday we drove for many hours up through the mountains and back. It was beautiful. We drove from Durango to Silverton (a very small mining town in the valley) where we stopped for lunch then to Ouray to Telluride then back down through some smaller towns back home. Total trip was only about 237 miles, but it took forever driving up those steep mountains and around those hairpin turns going 35 most of the way. We left the house at 1:20 and didn't get home until 9. We had a great time and took some wonderful photos (mostly through the window as we were driving) of the mountains. Some even had snow on them.

-On the way to Silverton-



-Tiny town of Silverton-



-near Red Mountain (red for it's iron content)-


-On the way to Ouray-


-Telluride Park-



Day 9- We went to the Farmer's Market where we bought handmade goatsmilk soap- Coconut Lime and Rosemary Mint (I think ?) I also bought a little wool lamb for a woman selling spun wool. So cute!

We went to breakfast, then headed back downtown for Art in The Park, and a fundraiser on Main Street benefitting the Durango Children's Museum. We didn't paticipate in the arts and crafts for the museum though. There were tons of kids and families all around. Had I known that, I probably would have avoided it. It didn't really upset me, it was just hard seeing fathers with their children playing and having a good time. I wanted to be part of it, but in a different way. So we left shortly after that and picked up a smoothie on the way home- yum!

Day 10- Father's Day. It was fairly quiet as we all slept in. I got up and made Eggs Benedict, hash browns and fruit salad for brunch. We watched movies all day and laid out on the deck. I made German Chocolate Cupcakes (I'll post a recipe later, stay tuned!) and later in the evening, Mr. H cooked steaks on the grill and we played Yahtzee. Mr. H won twice- and he doesn't even like the game. The Father's opened their gifts and we watched a little more TV, before heading to bed. We missed our boys, but we knew they were well taken care of (Thank you Monica for visiting them!!!) Here are a few photos of the day.


Good Night. Sleep Tight.

8 comments:

Kristi said...

Love the pix of Telluride & the moon.

I'm sorry you didn't get to enjoy the fundraiser as you would have liked. Father's day & mother's day are bittersweet. ((hugs))

The Nanny said...

Gorgeous pictures, as always!

Hennifer said...

Thank you for sharing! I feel relaxed just looking at them :)
Hope you've had the best time!

Rachel said...

Beautiful pictures!

mrsmuelly said...

I love, love, love the pic of Telluride - the suns rays streaming through. I want to see that every day...like our boys are smiling down on us with the sunshine. Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

Great pictures. Glad you are having a good time. Is it just me, or does that Yahtzee cup look similar to Dairy Queen's logo?
ps...I love to play!

Coggy said...

I've been following your journey posts on my phone but haven't been able to comment.

It sounds like you've had such a good time. I love the pics too.

I went to Durango with my bestfriend who is from Denver, we had a thelma/louise road-tripping adventure (thankfully without the bad bits). I hazard a guess our gas was a way lot cheaper then!

Monica H said...

Mrs. Muelly- I see stuff like that too and it always reminds me of my boys. The suns rays, butterflies, anything in pairs.

Lori- Ooh, Dairy Queen. We stopped and got a blizzard on the way to Durango and they actually flipped it upside down. They don't do that very often anymore.

Coggy- I think our most expensive gas ticket was $204.50! Can you believe that? We should have stayed home. We could have avoided the arguments AND saved money.