"IT'S NOT THE LENGTH OF THE GESTATION, IT'S THE EXTENT OF THE ATTACHMENT."


Friday, October 19, 2007

An Update...

...on the deaths of Michael and Kathryn Adams. This is information from one of their daughters revealing more details about her parents untimely death.

"The water service in their area of Tunis, Tunisia had been off for a number of hours prior to their retiring for the night. They had, according to the investigatory report, apparently left a faucet in the "on" position. Carbon monoxide traveled through the pipe and caused their deaths."

"If the deaths of Michael and Kathi lead to the prevention of another tragedy, then they will not have died in vain. Mike and Kathi were beautiful people who touched many lives. Through their 28 years of service in the field of education, they influenced and enriched the lives of children in many areas of the world. We will miss them."

A Memorial Service is being held in Tucson on Sunday to honor their lives. Please visit The American Red Cross/Carbon Monoxide Awareness Program or your local Fire Department to learn how to prevent carbon monoxide asphyxiation . Make sure that your home, and those of your loved ones is equipped with Carbon Monoxide Detectors.

5 comments:

The Nanny said...

This is just so sad. My thoughts are with your/their families.

meg said...

I'm very sorry for your loss. They look like lovely people and it sounds like they made a real difference in this world.

Monica said...

I'm sorry this happened to these kind people. I'm still not sure why this happens, but my thoughts are with their family.

Kristi said...

So very sad.

Monica H said...

Thank you all for your comments. I personally, did not know them, but I know their family (my in-lawa, duh) and they were really wonderful and very loved. I, too, wish their immediate family peace and healing.