"IT'S NOT THE LENGTH OF THE GESTATION, IT'S THE EXTENT OF THE ATTACHMENT."


Saturday, November 24, 2007

Hello Doctor, What Do You Mean I'm Normal ?

My test results are back. Is that 'normal' circled? Uh, I beg to differ. I don't know how I feel about this. I guess I should be thankful that they didn't send me a blood red card with a skull and cross bones with an expiration date on it. I'm glad they think I'm normal, but where does that leave me? I was kind of hoping that I would have a simple (yeah right) yet curable infection.** That's not the case. It's never that simple.

Oh wait, they didn't say *I* am normal, they said my labs are normal.

** Did I just wish myself an infection???**

6 comments:

meg said...

I'm wishing for my very own infection too! I think we maybe just want an answer. And "there is no answer" isn't much of an answer in my books. I'm sure you agree.

Anonymous said...

It's been my expierence that there is al ove hate relationship with the medical profession. In one sense they save your life, in the other, they make it more confusing and utterly unbearable.

Ahhh the joys of test results huh?!

Kristi said...

Yay for normal test results.
Boo for no answers.

Lori said...

I don't think they meant you were normal! LOL!!

I've never received a results card like that before. Very weird. So, I hope you are viewing this as a positive???

Mrs. Collins said...

They didn't have a box for "crazy, but normal results".

I get what you are saying. You want to find something that can be fixed and then fix it.

Monica H said...

Lori- I've never received a results card like this either. I just assumed I would get the results from the doctor at my appt. a couple days later. I kind of like this practice.