"IT'S NOT THE LENGTH OF THE GESTATION, IT'S THE EXTENT OF THE ATTACHMENT."


Monday, November 12, 2007

Handmade by _______

This is the gift I made for Jimmy and Marie for their 40th wedding anniversary. They re-wed on Saturday afternoon at the F.irst U.nited M.ethodist church in Wheeler, TX. This is where they originally got married and it was very sweet to see them speaking their vows to each other while holding hands and sharing the love that they have had for so many years. Their children and grandchildren stood up at the alter with them and there was not a single dry eye in the church. He surprised her with a new wedding band covered in diamonds that could be seen from the back of the church (where I sat). It was a big honker! It was beautiful and so special. We spent the rest of the afternoon eating and laughing, eating some more (that's what we do) and creating memories that will last forever in my heart. I long for the day when Mr. H and I will re-marry and our children and grandchildren will witness the renewal of our commitment to each other.

Their wedding colors were blue and white and their song was "More" I wrote the lyrics on the plate as well as their name and date. I tried to make the '40' look like a water mark in the background. The plate took about 3 days to complete. You have to apply three coats to get the color dark enough so it took a while. I am pleased with the outcome although I could have done so much better. I think that's the perfectionist in me, but the couple truly appreciated it.


More than the greatest the world has known
This is the love I give to you alone.
More than the simplest words I try to say
I only live to love you more each day.
More than you'll ever know
My arms long to hold your soul.
My life will be in your keeping, waking, sleeping, laughing, weeping.

Longer than always is a long, long time
But far beyond forever you'll be mine.
I know I never lived before and my heart is very sure.
No one else could love you more.
No one else could love you more.


4 comments:

meg said...

Monica, this is so beautiful. I can't believe that you wrote out all the words too. I think the 40 does look like a watermark, totally.

I'm so glad that they appreciated it and that you were there for the ceremony. It sounds like it was really special.

Anonymous said...

You did a great job! How thoughtful and amazing. I am impressed!

ANd thank you for your sweet comments and prayers for my friend. I am in such shock about it all and can do nothing but pray. She is way too young to be going through all this.

The Nanny said...

What a beautiful plate. This is something they'll certainly treasure, and it came completely out of your heart. You are an artist!

Kristi said...

The plate turned out beautiful. What a wonderful gift! I need to check out the this ceramics place.