"IT'S NOT THE LENGTH OF THE GESTATION, IT'S THE EXTENT OF THE ATTACHMENT."


Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Blogging Break

I'm taking a break. I need a break. Well actually, I need a vacation, but that's not happening anytime soon. We are heading out in the morning for the funeral. It's a long drive (9 hours) and it will be with my in-laws to boot, so wish me well. The funeral is Friday afternoon at 2 pm. Mr. H and the out laws will come back and I'll stay with my grandmother for her surgery. They will put in her stint tomorrow morning. If it's worse than they think, then they'll have to do open heart surgery and postpone the cancer removal. If the stint will work then the surgery remains for Tuesday. Either way, I need to be there with her.

I should be back next Friday the 25th. I will not have access to the internet (bummer!) so maybe you'll get an update through Mr. H if I can talk him into writing one. Thank you all for being so supportive and for all the prayers.

~Monica
____________________________________________________
I'll leave you with pictures of the tulips Mr. H bought me last night. The green is the cut stems. They smelled like fresh cut grass. I love the blue center- it reminds me of denim.

9 comments:

Becky said...

I'll miss you!

But I'm glad that you'll be with your grandmother for her surgery and there for your in-laws for the funeral.

I hope everything goes well and remember that I'm always thinking of you and I'll be praying for your family.

Erica said...

Will be sending lots of prayers your way.I hope everything goes ok.Have a safe trip and take care of yourself.I love the pictures they are so pretty.

Kristi said...

I love tulips!!

if there's anytthing I can do for you, let me know.

Melissa said...

Oh goodness...what a week for you. Thinking of you and sending big hugs via the internet. xxoo

The Nanny said...

The tulips are gorgeous, thank you for sharing them with us. I'll be thinking of you on your trip & I'll miss your blogging while you're gone!

Rachel said...

Beautiful tulips!

Have a safe trip and I hope your grandmother's surgery goes well.

meg said...

I love the tulips. I don't know how I did this...I thought I commented on this, but I guess I just imagined it all.

I hope your week is going as well as possible. Sending you love and prayers.

Anonymous said...

BEAUTIFUL flowers - great pictures too.

J said...

I'm thinking of you and sending you lots of prayers!